9.07.2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Presents - Technique Month - Week 1

This month's theme in the Nail Challenge Collaborative is "Technique". This theme is open to interpretation, you can use one of your favorite techniques, try some you haven't tried or even make one up!

The technique that I decided to use for this week's post is... SPONGING.





Polishes Used:
-OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls
-China Glaze - That's Shore Bright
-China Glaze - Bottoms Up
-China Glaze - Sun of a Peach
-Northern Lights

This give a fun look and is super simple to create; now that I'm thinking about it, I should have done a little tutorial for it. Ever since I did the tutorial for Karine (you can see it here) I have been thinking of making more (would anyone be interested in that?). Anyway, I simply started with my white base and then sponged on random "splotches" of the purple, pink and orange tones. Since I used the Sunsational creams for this mani, the neon didn't really seem to come through in the pictures but I really liked wearing this. Tip: If you decide to do a simple sponge mani, it's important not to use sheer colors or else you will end up having to do tons of layers.

Check out all the other techniques that the ladies tried this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment