7.10.2013

Lacquer by Lissa - Glitter Toppers!

Happy Hump-Day!

Today I will be showing you two pretty glitter toppers from a new Indie brand, Lacquer by Lissa. Melissa, the owner, recently opened up an Etsy shop and will be coming out with some new summer colors soon. Also, she is from Pittsburgh and I love supporting a fellow Pittsburgh-er.

Anyway, I picked up two Lacquer By Lissa polishes, Iceberg and Won't You Be Me Crohnie?




First up, Iceberg:





Melissa describes this polish as, "This polish is a clear base with black, white, teal, and holographic glitters suspended inside. Among the glitter you will find squares, rectangles, and hex shapes. Iceberg is inspired by my city’s hockey team, the Penguins. The contrast of the black and white glitter with the teal and holographic glitter is incredibly eye catching!" I am wearing one coat of Iceberg overtop of GOSH Venus. There were plenty of glitters in this polish and it was easy to apply :) 

Next up, Won't You Be My Crohnie?:

Without Flash, in Shade
With Flash




Melissa describes this polish as, "This polish is a clear base with tons of different shades and sizes of purple holographic glitter ranging from dark to light, and there are also some holographic butterflies floating around in there as well. Won’t You Be My Crohnie? was made to raise awareness for Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. The awareness ribbon color is purple, and symbol is butterflies. 1.4 million Americans are currently suffering from these conditions; many people are unaware of their prevalence and impact. Help us spread awareness with this gorgeous polish!" I am once again wearing only one coat of the glitter topper over Catrice Denim Moore. This is jam packed with glitter and I sort of had a little trouble getting it to spread evenly, but it wasn't too bad overall. I decided to do a fun glitter gradient with a full glitter accent nail because I liked both the undies and the topper in this combo :)

You can check out these and other Lacquer by Lissa polishes on her Etsy shop, here. Additionally, go "like" her on Facebook for updates on new shades and restock dates!


No comments:

Post a Comment