6.24.2013

Guest Post by Charlie of Popping Nails!

Today I have an awesome mani to share with you from Charlie of Popping Nails! Charlie was so sweet when I  mentioned that I needed guest bloggers in one group that I am part of on Facebook and she spoke right up. She does really cool nail art and I have been following her blog for a while now. So onto her awesome mani!

**********


Hi everyone! I'm Charlie from the blog Popping Nails, I thought I'd give you a quick bit of info before I start, I'm 18 and from England so this may explain some spelling differences and brands that might not be featured here on Stephanie's blog. When I saw Stephanie was looking for someone to do a guest post for her blog, I immediately put myself forward as I love doing guest posts and sharing the nail art love. Stephanie's style is a bit girlier than mine but I had had this idea in my mind for a while now so I thought it would be a great to do them now.


I wanted to do this floral/dot mix and was waiting until I got a good pale green so when I found one the other day, I knew it was meant to be. I did China Glaze Keep Calm and Paint On as my base colour with Barry M Matt White on top half of all my nails. Before putting on the white I made the flowers out of my new Gelly polishes using an unknown Barry M pink colour, Key Lime, Guava Matt White and then a dot of Mango for the inside of all the flowers. Once I put on the white, I then went in with Barry M Lemon Ice Cream, Rimmel Tangy Tangerine, Barry M Berry Ice Cream, Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream and W7 Sheer Blue. I know I used a lot of polishes for these nails but I really like how they turned out. I initially set out doing these as I thought they would be nice and simple but halfway through, I realised they weren't. I also used this silver striping tape down the middle of all the nails. I was going to use chain but when I put it on my right hand it looked awful so I took it off and replaced it with this striping tape.

Hopefully you all like these nails, I know they may seem a bit over the top if you're not used to my style but this was me pulling back. If you like these nails then you can check out the tutorial I did for them and see more over on my blog. Thanks to Stephanie for letting me do this post and I hope you had as much fun seeing it as I did doing it!

**********

This is seriously so cute! I will definitely be trying to re-create this look sometime myself! I have always wanted to do multiple patterns on my nails and Charlie has certainly mastered it! If you're not already following her, you should be!!!

Thanks again Charlie!!


1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty manicure Charlie! Great job on it :)

    ReplyDelete