1.12.2013

Let It Snow! Challenge - Fireside Glow

This week's theme is Fireside Glow. I had an idea in my mind and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. We have a fireplace at our, but have never actually used it. However, we sometimes have fires in the backyard with our neighbors Mike & Brigitte (from Color Me So Crazy).

Here are my Fireside Glow themed nails:





Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Sally Hansen - White On
-Sinful Colors - Pull Over
-LA Girl - No name
-Essie - Fishnet Stockings
-OTD Northern Lights
-Konad - Black
-OTD
-BM-313

I made a mistake when I was doing the gradient because I didn't protect my nails at all so clean up was a huge mess. I couldn't get the polish off and stuff and so I didn't zoom in too much on the photos. Everytime I used the remover to clean up it seemed to just move the mess around. But enough about that.

I thought that yellow, orange and red was the perfect color combination to represent fireside glow. I sponged on the gradient over a white base so that the colors would pop. I added the Northern Lights to add a little sparkle to the fire, and the black stamping reminds me of burning logs and embers. I really liked this manicure, and would have LOVED it if I would have thought ahead about the clean up. 

I know the other ladies have done some awesome mani's so don't forget to go check them out.


6 comments: