1.07.2012

Previous Designs

Wanted to showcase some of my previous designs. Unfortunately I don't have the polish information for them since they are older :-( Hope you enjoy looking through these!!!



With this design I used a red/maroon base coat with a pink/silver sparkle for the tips / top half. The colors aren't really represented in the photo so the sparkle looks plain silver.


Here I have on a clear base coat, I was originally going to just do grey tips with a single black glitter line to separate but decided to try a grey ombre with numerous stripes instead.



I was seeing a lot of Leopard print nails online and wanted to try this for myself. The pattern looks complicated but it's actually super easy to do. I watched a video on YouTube and got some helpful tips. I'll try to explain it to you really quick. (Just a note - my mom let me use her as a Guinea Pig so the first photo with the brown leopard is of her nails and the second with the pink are mine) I started with a base coat in any color (brown for my mom, very light pink for me), next just put random spots of the inside leopard color (tan for my mom, hot pink for me) all over your nail. Once that is dry, outline the spots, some of the spots I outlined with a "C" and some were outlined with parathesis "( )". Finally, put a few extra tiny spots on any open spaces with the outline color, apply a top coat (Seche Vite) and you're finished :-) These were two of my favorite designs and both my mom and I got a lot of compliments on them.



Here I was just trying out a couple different colors. I probably should have cleaned this up a little around my nails before I took the picture.



I tried this design out after Thanksgiving. Wanted to do something simple but trendy. I used a mint green color and just threw on some random white polka dots. I got a lot of compliments on this design, it's very easy and anyone can do it!




Christmas Time!! Once again my mom offered to let me try out a Christmas design on her!! She picked out this cute reindeer. I had seen designs online with a reindeer on each nail, with one having a red nose for Rudolph but that was a little too flashy for my mom so we decided to go with one accent nail and a nice shimmery maroonish-red for the rest of the nails.




My mom was so happy with her nails that she offered to do mine ;-) (THANKS MOM!) We did Santa nails for me, and she did a great job. We both got lots of compliments on our Christmas designs and felt fun and festive.

Hope you enjoyed this blast from the past (2011 - lol)!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment